[Zope-CMF] Re: Easier maintenance than through management iface?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:55:30 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Winkler  <pw_lists@slinkp.com> wrote:
> I usually wouldn't modify an existing skin path, I'd add a new one.
> Call it "martin_skin" or whatever you
> want. In the path, put a comma-separated list of the skin folders
> or subfolders you want your skin to search for templates, images,
> scripts, etc. I usually copy one of the existing skin paths,
> like "Basic", and paste it into the box, then add my new folders
> at the beginning of the list.
>
> When you're done with all this, try setting the default skin
> to "martin_skin" and voila, you'll see your new stuff...

BTW the following is the accepted "non-ambiguous" vocabulary to talk
about skins:

- the portal_skins tool manages skins and layers
- a skin defines a sequence of layers
- the folders in portal_skins are the layers themselves

Florent