[Zope-CMF] Old Portal File items have lost their connection with the portal_types tool

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@pgs.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:39:05 +0100

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> The data in my site has been entered using various PTK/CMF versions. I
> just found out that old portal items, probably entered during the PTK0.9
> time seem to have lost their connection with the portal types tool.
>
> They are searchable by searching on metatype='Portal File', but when
> selected in the list of searchresults the following error comes up:
>
> Error Type: Not Found
> Error Value: Cannot find default view for
> "/research/Members/lucas/copy_of_Access.doc"
>
> (the URL asked for is
> http://web.research.pgs.com/Members/lucas/copy_of_Access.doc/view)
>
> In 'my stuff' these items are displayed with the DTML-Document icon,
> instead of the portal file icon. When selecting one of these items, no
> object actions are displayed in the action box
>
> What could cause this behaviour, and how could it be repaired?

Found it. For the record, in case anyone notices the same:

This behaviour was caused by old Portal_File items having a funny value
for the 'portal_type' attribute. The value was 'None'. After (with an
external method) setting this to 'File' everything behaved normal againg.

The same was the case for old Portal_Image items.

--
Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                          home: +47 67581373