[Zope-CMF] private docs shown to other members, pending shown

Kari-Hans Kommonen khk@uiah.fi
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:01:59 +0200

I studied a bit more and realized what seems to be happening in our case:

We had tweaked the permissions and roles, because we want to keep the
site open to members only. So we  removed View from Anonymous, and
granted View to Members.

This is not compatible with the DCWorkFlow, because it assumes that
the difference between private and public is whether the object is
visible for Anonymous users. Therefore, when it makes an object
private, DCWorkFlow simply denies the permission of the Anonymous to
View it, and when it makes it public, it grants that permission again.

For us, this is bad, because we have granted View to Members, and
private status does not take this permission away. Published status
is even worse, because the things we'd like the Members only see,
become available to anyone.

So I guess we need to write our own workflow which has a two level
publishing strategy: publish 1) for members and 2) for anyone.

Now the next step is to look for info about a way to create and
install our own workflow...

kari-hans