[Zope-CMF] Editing Member Metadata

Joshua Lanza jlanza@vorsite.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:23:38 -0800

I've found a few posts on this, but I can't get any of the suggestions
to work. I need to store a few properties with each portal member. Ex:
'city'.=20

When the user joins the portal, 'city' needs to be stored. I've added
the 'city' to the portal_memberdata properties. I think that this is the
correct place to establish these properties.

I have tried a number of approaches, and I think that if I can automate
the login (haven't figured that one out yet), then I can use the
portal_registration's setProperties() method to update the properties.=20

This is the code I have at the end of the register dtml right now:

<dtml-with =
expr=3D"portal_membership.getMemberById(REQUEST['username'])">
  <dtml-call expr=3D"editMetadata(city=3D REQUEST['city'])">=20
</dtml-with>

When I run this code it gives me:=20
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: _editMetadata() got an unexpected keyword argument 'city'

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks, Josh