[Zope-CMF] Getting objects who has same parent with portal_catalog?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 07:39:17 -0500

Gitte Wange wrote:

>tir, 2002-01-08 kl. 13:34 skrev Vincenzo Di Somma:
>

>>Gitte Wange wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>In my way on making this fine Desktop product I have run into a small
>>>problem.
>>>I want to display a calendar containing event objects.
>>>Now the portal catalog is brilliant to query for this ...
>>>
>>>BUT I will only want the objects in my EventContainer ...
>>>Normally I could do an EventContainer.objectValues('Events') but not in
>>>this case because I need to use the catalogs date ranges etc ...
>>>
>>>Does portal_catalog have an index names parent or something ??
>>>Anyone with a good hint for this one ?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>

>>Path Index ?
>>

>I just tried to add a new index named Identifier (this is in the
>DublinCore) and give it a type of FieldIndex - it went in okay but it's
>the absolute url to the object.
>Then I deleted the index and added it again - this time with a type of
>PathIndex - and it turned up as None :-((
>
>I updated the catalog between those steps ...
>
>What should I do then ?

There should already by an index, 'path', in your catalog;  what
you want to do is query it.  If you have upgraded the site from
Zope 2.3.x, you will need to add the index, and then rebuild your
catalog.