[Zope-CMF] Anyone know of a MySQL-based MemberDataTool?

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:13:37 +0000

Hi all.

I'm looking to store authorisation and properties data for a CMF site's
members in a MySQL database.  I have been looking at exUserFolder (
http://exuserfolder.sf.net ) and that works fine for the authorisation, with
a little modification.  However, I am encountering some problems with the
properties because CMF sites store member data in their member data tool,
which means it goes into the ZODB and ignores the acl_users object - my
exUserFolder object.

So, I am faced with some choices:

1. find a MemberDataTool that works with MySQL
2. ignore the CMF's user properties model and do it myself with some simple
MySQL
3. subclass & modify MemberDataTool myself, to work with exUserFolder
4. subclass & modify MemberDataTool myself, to work with MySQL, not
specifically exUserFolder

Ideally I'd like to go for option 1 (since that requires the least effort ;-)
)

So, does anyone know of any products out there that will make my job easier?
I've had a quick look through the mailing list archives but had no luck so
far.

Cheers :)

HarryW