[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2b2 breaks Cleanskin

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:09:03 -0500

Jon Edwards wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation!
>
> On a kinda related note, does anyone know if it is possible to use Page
> Templates for stylesheets, instead of DTML Methods? ...and then to change
> the settings mentioned so that .css on the filesystem is read as a Page
> Template?
>
> There's a long and complicated reason for this! I want to do something
> like -
>
> background-color: <span tal:condition="here/ttw_style_editing | default"
>                         tal:replace"template/bgcolor_setting">#FFFFFF</span>
>
> - where "bgcolor_setting" is a property of the Page Template that stores
> that value for that style, so that they can be edited TTW with a form. And
> "ttw_style_editing" is a property of the portal that determines whether to
> allow Managers to use the style-editing form, or something like Dreamweaver
> to directly edit the .css file.
>
> Hope that makes some kind of sense? It's hard to explain!

ZPT needs to be "well-formed" -- "you can't get there from here."
Lalo Martins has a Zope Text Templates (?) product, which makes
TAL-based subsitutions available on non-well-formed text:

   http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/TextTemplates

Here is a quote from the product's homepage:

   You know... after some days of using ZPT you just don't want
   to get back to DTML anymore.

   But what if you then have to dynamically render something
   that's not *ML? For example, CSS or even StructuredText?

   Fear no more! TextTemplates and TERRY come to the rescue!