[Zope-CMF] Setting another permission for adding a specific object to portal

Troy Farrell troy@entheossoft.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:03:06 -0600

Gitte,
I had a similar problem.  You'll find, if you look a the local roles in
each cmf/Members/username folder, that a member has the local role of
'Owner' in their folder.  You need to ensure that 'Owners' don't have
the permission to add these objects.  Secondly, you should be using
DCWorkflow.  With DCWorkflow, you can set permissions on each piece of
content in each state.  It's really powerful, but a bit confusing in the
beginning.  BTW, changing and existing site to DCWorkflow will loose all
existing workflow info on content.  I think there's a way to keep it,
but I'm lazy and don't have it in front of me.

Browse cmf.zope.org and the mailing list archives.

Troy
--
Troy Farrell
Developer