[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2 and Catalog

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:44:49 -0500

Stephan G=F6ldi wrote:

 > I read in the HISTORY.txt file about CMF-1.2
 > (http://cmf.zope.org/CMF/download/CMF-1.2/HISTORY.txt) under
 > 'Bug fixes':
 >
 > "Made all content types findable by catalog (Tracker #286). "
 >
 > But in Tracker #286 there is only spoken about two Portal
 > Types. So is now really 'all' content type findable? e.g. if I
 > use some Metapublisher stuff or something else inside of CMF
 > 1.2, is it then automatically findable with the portal catalog?

When in doubt, check the tracker (see the trailer at the bottom
of each CMF list message).  Here is the resolution for that bug
(resolved Jun 3, 2001 11:28 pm):

 > On Jun 1, 2001 4:15 am, lucashofman wrote:
 >
 >> Content of type portal file and portal image is not found from
 >> the portal_catalog find screen. 'portal file' does not appear
 >> in the dropdown box of types to find, but 'file' appears
 >> twice.  Analogue for portal image.
 >>
 >> Could this be related to the meta_type vs. portal_type issue?
 >> Portal File and Portal Image are the only content type where
 >> there those attributes are not equal.
 >
 > Thanks very much for reporting this. Your diagnosis of the
 > underlying cause was correct, although the surface problem lay
 > not in the cataloguing but in the search form (which was still
 > querying against 'meta_type').
 >
 > I've checked in a fix this evening to make the search form use
 > 'Type', instead.

Stephan asked:

 > What do I have to do, to make such a content type 'findable'
 > if it isn't?

The main requirement is that your content type class either

derive from PortalContent (directly or indirectly), or else
implement its 'Contentish' interface.  Unless you started
completely from scratch, the class most likely alread derives
from PortalContent, so you should be fine.

Tres.
--=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D