[Zope-CMF] upgrade to CMF1.2; pecularities.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:34:44 -0500

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> Upgrading a heavily customized site from CMF1.0/Zope2.3 to
> CMF1.2/Zope2.4.3 was not to hard. Workflows and custom toold needed some
> maintenance, but that was to be expected.
>
> However, when the migrated instance start up (in debugging mode), it
> writes the following to the console window where it was started from:
>
> /usr/share/Zope-2.4.3-linux2-x86/lib/python/SearchIndex/__init__.py:91:
> DeprecationWarning: The usage of the SearchIndex package is deprecated
> since Zope 2.4.
> This package is only kept for backwards compatibility for a while
> and will go away in a future release.
>
> Please use instead the re-factored modules in Products/PluginIndexes.
>
>   warnings.warn("The usage of the SearchIndex package is deprecated since \
>
> I cannot find where SearchIndex is imported. Anybody a clue?

This message is generated because your existing 'portal_catalog'
contains "old-style" indexes.  There is an upgrade script available,
designed to be run as an ExternalMethod:

   Module: CMFDefault.update_catalogIndexes

   Function: update_catalogIndexes

And yes, this problem should be noted in ISSUES.txt (reading your
other e-mail, where you discover the source of the problem).