[Zope-CMF] Why is discussion only available in certain modes with CMF 1.2

John_Knutson@candle.com John_Knutson@candle.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:38:40 +0000

I've been advised to post this here instead of zope-dev.

Using CMF 1.2, I get different behaviour for the same object depending on
how I come by it:

Following the route from the Home button, when I navigate to a document,
the document is opened automatically, e.g. with Word or Powerpoint

Coming from Folder Contents or Search, I am first of all placed into View
mode (the URL has /view appended automatically) and I get the chance to
'Reply'.

I have tried this with a Manager, a Member and an Anonymous user and the
behaviour doesn't change.

News on the other hand, works the same regardless of how I find it. How do
I impose common behaviour for files, regardless of the route?

John Knutson
Candle Corp
England