[Zope-CMF] checkins

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:39:00 +0000 (UTC)

Tres Seaver  <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:
> WRT reindexing content after changing local roles (issue #494):
> Can we arrange for a knob which defers the re-indexing (which is
> potentially quite expensive), in case the owner / manager needs to
> do more than one such operation on the same folder?

Do you mean expensive because objects would have to be unghostified ? In
that case yes, a deferral would be needed, but the changes are not
immediate (some UI to do).

Or because some objects can be potentially expensive to reindex ? In
that case that's not a problem, as the patch I'm about to checkin
modifies reindexObject to allow it to reindex only specific indexes, and
we'd call that for allowedRolesAndUsers from the CMF local role
management code.

Florent