[Zope-CMF] listing members with custom properties

Kristina Quimson Buenafe buenafe@virginia.edu
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:57:14 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

I am working with Plone 0.9.9 and CMF 1.3b1, and am trying
to customize the member roster and create a page that lists
all the members and their properties in a table.  I found
the following message when I searched the Zope-CMF archive,
but am not sure how call the new getMembers script that I
created in portal_skins/custom.  Do I call it from
portal_membership?

thanks,
Kristina

> I'm working with the Plone skin, and am trying to customize the member
> roster.  Specifically, I've added a property (via the MemberData tool)
> called 'Alias', and I'd like it to show up beneath the member icons in the
> roster.  I can't figure out just how to retrieve the property while the
page
> template is constructing the roster.

Christopher,

first look at getRoster() in CMFDefault.MembershipTool

second create a python script called getMembers in portal_skins/custom with
something like::
roster=[]
for member in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
    roster.append( { 'id':member.getUserName()
                            , 'email':member.email
                            , 'property': member.property })
return roster

and make this script proxy (Proxy Tab in Managemetn screen) as Manager, then
call getMembers instead of portal_membership.getRoster()

~runyaga

Kristina Buenafe
University of Virginia
kqb7a@virginia.edu