[Zope-CMF] German CMF/Localization

Page Page page@hotmail.ro
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:55:05 +0300

Gang,
there is most defently a market for a German CMF,
and probably an even bigger market for a French
or Italian or Japanese CMF. After some thought on
this, I came to the conclusion that it requires
the cooperation of the CMF-developers, though.
It would be a matter of diligence to just translate
all the content-files and the relevant code-snippets
into German, but I would have to do it all over
again with every new release. This takes time, so
most users would have the choice between using
an old CMF in German or a new CMF in English. A
depressing situation, I guess, especially if the
new version provides one or more ground-breaking
features. So I guess there is no way around a real
localization, but this requires modifications to
the original source code. I'm willing to make those
modifications, but it would spoil the fun if they
don't become part of the official CMF-distribution.
So the crucial question to CMF-developers is: Are
you willing to merge my patches into the official
code-base? Are you going to support my endeavour,
new tags and insulated error-messages and all?

Regards
PAGE

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.hotmail.ro/