[Zope-CMF] Updating skins for a product at the FS level

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:43:41 -0700

On 02 Jul 2002 14:59:45 -0400
Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 14:23, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> Currently I seem to need to go into portal-skins and customise the
>> relevant skin which makes my changes magically appear in the new copy
>> (but not the original under portal_skins).  Is there a simple way to
>> tell portal_skins to grab new copies of the skins from the product
>> sources?

> This should happen automagically if you run Zope in debug mode (with
> the '-D' flag).  I might also try the "Update" button on the skin
> folder's "Properties" tab; that should cause the folder to be
> rescanned.

Thanks -- the latter did it.

On a slight tangent: What would you recommend as an initial course for
grokking the TAL stuff (page templates?)?

In looking for instance at your own CMFTopic you seem to have both dtml
methods and a matching (sub-)set of ZPT stuff under .../skins/topic and
.../skins/zpt_topic respectively and I'm not quite clear on the reason
or cause for having both or their differences.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?