[Zope-CMF] [RFC] modification date

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:01:09 +0200

Florent Guillaume writes:
 > I think it would work very well: in CMFCatalogAware's reindexObject, if
 > the object has a modification_date attribute, then update it. In
 > DublinCore, use modification_date instead of falling back on
 > bobobase_modification_time.
Two comments:

  1. I have use cases where I do not want to have the modification time
     set for each reindex (e.g. a change in workflow state requires
     a catalog update but does not need to be considered as
     a modification of the object).

     But, your proposal is not problematic, because I just
     do not neet to use your "modification_date".

  2. When I remember right, "reindexObject" is the same as
     "indexObject". It would then be good, to have the
     modification time handling at precisely one place
     effective for both methods.

Dieter