[Zope-CMF] Localizing Products, wait for Zope 2.x ?

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar j-david@noos.fr
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:46:17 +0200

Rainer Thaden wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i developped some file system based products for the CMF to deal with
>employees, research projects, publications etc, and almost everything
>seems to work fine. I use ZPT for the presentation.
>We want to have our website in different languages (de, en).
>
>Do you think i should wait for the release of a new Zope version which
>supports i18n (seems to be 2.7) or should i start now using the
>Localizer product?
>Is there anyone having experiences in using Localizer in FS based
>products? It seems, there have been some changes in that product
>recently. I know the tutorial on www.nuxeo.org, but maybe someone has
>found some interesting facts argueing for or against Localizer.

The new Localizer web site is http://www.j-david.net/localizer,
there you'll find updated documentation, more in sync with the
CVS that with the last released version (0.8.1).

>Anyway, what about Zope 3? Do i have to re-programme (or at least
>change) all my products or will they be compatible?
>As I understood, there will be no CMF anymore as it is integrated in
>Zope 3.

I only can answer about the Localizer part. There will be a Localizer
for Zope 3, and I'll try to make the upgrade as smooth as posible,
ideally fully backwards compatible.

Cheers,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software