[Zope-CMF] Folders and workflow status?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
11 Jul 2002 09:34:32 -0400

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 03:00, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Carl Rendell wrote:
> > It looks as though there is already a bug logged in the collector for this:
> >
> > http://collector.zope.org/CMF/4
> >
> > Is this why folders now have a 'Status: private' displayed as part of
> > the actions box? I'm sure there are issues other than cosmetic to
> > resolve. The most egregious issue for me is that the 'Publish' link is
> > displayed, but will fail if a user attempts to publish the folder. Kind
> > of a bad loop for the user.
>
> A possible workaround is to leave empty the workflow for 'Folder' in
> portal_workflow (the fact that 'Folder' appears there, while useful for
> this workaround, is confusing, since PortalFolder isn't neither
> catalogged --it explicitly redefines reindexObject as pass-- nor
> "workflowable", and that got my head banging for a while -- see my
> recent messages about it).

This bug was masked by others, whose repair by Florent surfaced it.
Essentially, Luca's "workaround" is the correct solution;  Folders
(likewise Topics) shouldn't be participating in workflow.  We should
probably add a note to the "Upgrading" section of the INSTALL.txt,
warning people to remove the workflow bindings for Folder and Topic.