[Zope-CMF] Folders and workflow status?

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:33:44 -0700

On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 10:13  AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 12:58, Carl Rendell wrote:

>>> This bug was masked by others, whose repair by Florent surfaced it.
>>> Essentially, Luca's "workaround" is the correct solution;  Folders
>>> (likewise Topics) shouldn't be participating in workflow.  We should
>>> probably add a note to the "Upgrading" section of the INSTALL.txt,
>>> warning people to remove the workflow bindings for Folder and Topic.
>>>

>> OK, I believe this case I was trying to track down is related to
>> this situation.
>>
>> I have a couple of catalog aware folder products that I'm using for
>> this test, and when creating new objects in the Zope
>> 2.5.1/CMF-1.3-beta1 environment everything works just fine. I
>> create these types, and both authenticated an anonymous users can
>> view them.
>>
>> However, in the Zope 2.5.1/CMF-1.3-beta2 environment, the same
>> objects are not viewable by anonymous users. The anonymous user is
>> forwarded to the login screen as if they had hit a non-published or
>> private item.
>>
>> I'll be doing some additional testing, but this behavior seems to
>> indicate the the folders are being registered with workflow in a
>> 'private' state.
>
> That is correct.  You want to remove the "binding" of the "(Default
> workflow)" to the type of your custom folders (on the "Workflows" tab
> of the 'portal_workflow' tool).

Yep,

That fixes that problem. I have another. I'm having some issue with
the Undo. I've tested against a 'pure' CMF-1.3-beta2 site, and one
that was migrated from CMF 1.1. Same traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 150, in publish_module
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 114, in publish
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line
159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: intranet)
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 98, in publish
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
line 88, in mapply
     (Object: undo)
   File /Applications/zConversion/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 39, in call_object
     (Object: undo)
   File
/Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/FSPythonScript.py,
line 88, in __call__
     (Object: undo)
   File
/Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py,
line 252, in __call__
     (Object: undo)
   File
/Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py,
line 283, in _bindAndExec
     (Object: undo)
   File
/Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/FSPythonScript.py,
line 122, in _exec
     (Object: undo)
     (Info: ({'script': <FSPythonScript instance at 14c8990>,
'context': <CMFSite instance at 1a3ed90>, 'container': <CMFSite
instance at 1a3ed90>, 'traverse_subpath': []},
(['QTBZTjBwaGYreEVBQUFBQUFKU2ptZ0FBQUFBQUFTUSs=\r\n 2002/07/11
11:26:35.713 GMT-7 /intranet/glink_edit '],), {}, None))
   File Script (Python), line 1, in undo
   File
/Applications/zConversion/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/UndoTool.py,
line 116, in undo
     (Object: portal_undo)
Unauthorized: (see above)

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z