[Zope-CMF] CMF Usabiltiy

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
12 Jul 2002 14:43:23 +0800

This is a feature I too wanted, and my solution was to
to give every object a unique object ID (new metadata field) which
get's updated if the object is cloned. This Object ID is then
catalogued, and then content which needs links uses the object Id plus a
retrieval method. This way doc's can move anywhere and no broken links.

Also allows work out which documents/content link to a particular
document easily (search body text or some other attribute in the
catalog) for the object ID.

Rgds

Tim