[Zope-CMF] Workflow and zcatalog and zclasses

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:56:53 +0200

S Haldar writes:
 > Now the second part of the problem -- I want to sort
 > the portal search results by a property value,
 > district wise. What's the best approach?I tried the
 > following two - and came up with some problems:
You do not tell us which problems you came up with...

 > 1. Sorting the results when I make the
 > portal_catalog() call. Is there any way to sort the
 > objects by zclass properties when I do a
 > portal_catalog call?
Yes, if your property is indexed. Then, you can use the "sort_on"
argument to the search.

 > 2. Creating new metadata that can be used for sorting.
 > Is there any way to define your own metadata when you
 > programatically create zclass objects.
You define the metadata table only once, not each time
a ZInstance is created.

To get you ZInstance automatically cataloged, you derive
from ZCatalogPathAware.

Dieter