[Zope-CMF] Zope behind Apache

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:59:28 +0200

Hi Patrick!

I would not use cgi. The proxy-way is more flexible and faster.

Basically you need two things:

1.) A ProxyPass or RewriteRule directive in Apache's httpd.conf, that
passes the incoming request to the Zope Server.
(You'll also need a ProxyPassReverse directive for some cases.)

2.) A Virtual Host Monster (VHM) or SiteRoot object in Zope, that
adjusts absolute URLs of outgoing pages.

Read this: http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
But use VHM instead: It's much more flexible and you can't lock out
yourself. Just add a VHM to your Zope root folder and read the about
page - it's the best documentation of VHM I found.

> I run Zope on port 80.  I want to put it on a high port number and run
> Apache.  I have ADSL with dynamic IPs.

If you have no static domain name, I think you can make your
VirtualHostBase in the RewriteRule dynamic.

Yuppie