[Zope-CMF] Changing permissions on CMF portal_type actions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:23:45 +0200

Michael LaPera writes:
 > On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 03:12  PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > >   In your case, sending the message would change the workflow state...
 >
 > I can see how DCWorkflow can change the permission (state) of a
 > portal_type object, but I could not figure out how to use DCWorkflow to
 > change the state of a specific action of a portal_type object.
You cannot change the permission protecting the action.

But you can change the workflow state and the new state may change
the mapping of the permission (that protects the action) in such
a way that the user observes a change in the action visibility.

As Alan Runyan pointed out, this will currently only work for
"object" actions -- due to a weakness in the ActionsTool.

Dieter