[Zope-CMF] Workflows 'without' the CMF?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:34:55 +0100

On 21/7/02 10:08 pm, "Dieter Maurer" <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:

> You cannot use the stock CMFDefault alone.
> You will need modifications.
>
> The most difficult part is probably that your objects do not live
> inside CMF but in a database.

Ah, thought that might be the case.

> CMFDefault is not made for this kind of objects.
>
> You will need something, that transparently fetches content
> from the database and creates temporary objects which
> register with the Zope transaction machinery when they are modified.

Ouch, that seems like it's a level of complexity too far for my current
requirements.

Many thanks for the information Dieter, I came across the OpenFlow project
<http://www.zope.org/Members/vds/OpenFlow> and have started looking at that.
The main reason is (from a cursory glance) the workflow part can be run
separately from the CMF.

If anyone has some experience with OpenFlow, I'd appreciate some advice.

Cheers
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140