[Zope-CMF] Overriding title from DefaultDublinCoreImpl

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:46:10 +0000 (UTC)

Rainer Thaden  <Thadi@gmx.de> wrote:
> is it a problem to override the 'title' attribute in a subclass of
> DefaultDublinCoreImpl?
> When i simply do
> title=''
> in my class, which inherits from DefaultDublinCoreImpl and try to
> change the value of title via an edit form, nothing happens. No new
> value is assigned to title.

What kind of "edit form" ? What does it call ? What's the code it uses ?

> However, via metadata_edit_form it is possible to assign a new value
> to title.
> What would i have to do?
> Do i have to call setTitle from DublinCoreDefaultImpl in my class
> to make the title appear in the catalog and on top of the pages in
> CMF?

Yes, calling setTitle would be an acceptable way. But afterwards If if
you want the title to be recataloged, you'll have to call
self.reindexObject().

> I want to have a local version of title, because i use Localizer to
> provide titles in different languages.

Your whole description of what you do is not very clear. Show us some
precise code.

Florent