[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3b2 creates error with CMFForum, what to fix?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:28:49 +0000 (UTC)

Heimo Laukkanen  <huima@fountainpark.org> wrote:
> Same thing has been reported on following mail:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1289295
>
> Also noticed that someone had sent the same thing into SF collector.
>
> Has anyone yet fixed this or have any idea on what to fix? I did a small
> test where I replaced Post.py to ingerit PortalFolder and not skinned
> folder. It seemed to solve error thrown while creating new post.
> Unfortunately the error came back, when I tried to publish the post.
>
> in __init__ is following line:
>
> self.created = self.modified = DateTime()
>
> Could that be the reason for these errors?

I believe I already answered that very question somewhere else.

In CMF's DublinCore 'modified' has always been a function. It's now in
CMF 1.3 used explicitely to maintain the modification date of objects.
So CMFForum is wrong in overwriting it with its own semantics. Please
check the code of CMF 1.3's DublinCore, if you want to maintain by hand
the modification date, use setModificationDate.

Florent