[Zope-CMF] Question on Default Skins

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:43:02 -0700

I'm looking to leverage skins a little more in a dual domain site
instance, and I'm familiar with using access rules to set the skin
preference cookie based on the domain name. (there was a discussion
on the list about this a while back)

Question is... Is there another way to do this without using cookies?

Looking at all of the skinning methods, it appears that all of the
mechanisms look for a cookie first, and if not present.. fall back
to the 'Default skin' set by the skins tool so I suspect that using
the cookie is both the simplest and possibly _only_ way to
accomplish this.

Just trying to be thorough.

Thanks,

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z