[Zope-CMF] Cannot find default view for CMF object...

Jeff Ross thejeffross@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 17:29:01 -0700

I'm creating two CMF products, both of which derive from PortalFolder. The
first object is a Store object. The second is a Category object.

Store objects contain category objects. When I view store objects,
everything is fine. I can also add category objects into my Store object
easily enough.

However, when I try to view a category object inside of a store object, I
get the following error message:

Error Type: Not Found
Error Value: Cannot find default view for "/bws/myStore/alumni"
  File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\Products\CMFCore\utils.py, line 119,
in _getViewFor
    (Object: alumni)

I looked at the code for _getViewFor and the error occurs because the
factory type information for the class cannot be found. I don't understand
this, because if I create a category outside the Store object, I can view it
fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff Ross