[Zope-CMF] installing CMF 1.3beta1 on Windows

Steve Arnold sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org
05 Jun 2002 13:22:05 -0700

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:04, Kristina Buenafe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a quick question about installing CMF on Windows.  I put
> all the unpacked files into the /lib/python/Products directory, but
> CMF does not show up in the Control Panel/Products section of my Zope
> (which is what the install.txt file said it should do).  How do I fix
> this?

I'd stay away from windoze entirely, but if you must use it...  Sorry, I
only have experience with Zope on RedHat.  The RedHat rpms (their
package format) put the core Zope stuff under:

/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products

and I guess custom products are supposed to go under:

/var/zope/Products

I know it seems kind of backwards, but that's what I've been doing...

Is that the complete path above?  Or do you mean something like:

C:\zope\lib\python\Products

If they're in the right place, then you should see them (after you
restart zope, of course).

HTH, Steve