[Zope-CMF] installing CMF 1.3beta1 on Windows

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:41:09 -0700

Hi - make sure the folders under the main CMF folder are in the Products
directory - i.e. CMFCalendar, CMFCore, CMFDefault, etc.  It's in the install
docs that come with the cmf.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Arnold [mailto:sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 1:22 PM
To: Kristina Buenafe
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] installing CMF 1.3beta1 on Windows

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:04, Kristina Buenafe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a quick question about installing CMF on Windows.  I put
> all the unpacked files into the /lib/python/Products directory, but
> CMF does not show up in the Control Panel/Products section of my Zope
> (which is what the install.txt file said it should do).  How do I fix
> this?

I'd stay away from windoze entirely, but if you must use it...  Sorry, I
only have experience with Zope on RedHat.  The RedHat rpms (their
package format) put the core Zope stuff under:

/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products

and I guess custom products are supposed to go under:

/var/zope/Products

I know it seems kind of backwards, but that's what I've been doing...

Is that the complete path above?  Or do you mean something like:

C:\zope\lib\python\Products

If they're in the right place, then you should see them (after you
restart zope, of course).

HTH, Steve

See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker for bug reports and feature
requests
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient or any
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient.
Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
original message and all attachments from your electronic files.