[Zope-CMF] How to list objects of custom type and not of their base type?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 08:56:59 +0200

David (Hamish) Harvey writes:
 > I'm having trouble getting objects of a custom type to show up in folder
 > listings - it goes as follows:
 >
 > 1) I created a new factory based type info, from Document, changing only
 > the meta type. Lets call it "Fred".
I once was bitten by this, too:

   The "meta type" field in the type information must be that of
   the instances created by the constructor. I.e., you must
   not modify the field unless you use a different constructor
   which puts the modified "meta_type" into the instances.

   Otherwise, the instances will not be listed.

Dieter