[Zope-CMF] Type not showing up in folder contents

Peter Simmons pete@bcmpweb.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:06:51 +1200

------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C2122B.299DDB20

Hi,

Any help is appreciated on this. :-)

I have created a new ZClass based upon a old ZClass I had and =
PortalContent and DefaultDublinCoreImpl.

I have registered it in the portal_types tool and can add it to folders =
using the new button and invoke factory. I can then even search for it =
and find it so it must get added to the portal catalog. However it =
doesn't show up on the folder_contents for the folder. The actual object =
is in there as I can see it in ZMI or if I modify folder_contents to use =
objectValues instead of listFolderContents it works fine too.

After looking at the listFolderContents method it basically calls =
contentValues and does security permission based filtering which =
obviously isn't the case because the search does the same. I haven't =
managed to find the contentValues method yet to see what it does thought =
anyone know where this is?

Also was I supposed to register the type in some special way other than =
using the portal_types tool?

Any other ideas are welcome. This could be a problem for us because we =
have a few ZClass based products we would like to incorporate into our =
new CMF site and our clients are in the same boat.

Cheers,
Pete

------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C2122B.299DDB20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help is appreciated on this. =
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have created a new ZClass based upon =
a old ZClass=20
I had and PortalContent and DefaultDublinCoreImpl.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have registered it in the =
portal_types tool and=20
can add it to folders using the new button and invoke factory. I can =
then even=20
search for it and find it so it must get added to the portal catalog. =
However it=20
doesn't show up on the folder_contents for the folder. The actual object =
is in=20
there as I can see it in ZMI or if I modify folder_contents to use =
objectValues=20
instead of listFolderContents it works fine too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After looking at the listFolderContents =
method it=20
basically calls contentValues and does security permission based =
filtering which=20
obviously isn't the case because the search does the same. I haven't =
managed to=20
find the contentValues method yet to see what it does thought anyone =
know where=20
this is?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also was I supposed to register the =
type in some=20
special way other than using the portal_types tool?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any other ideas are welcome. This could =
be a=20
problem for us because we have a few ZClass based products we would like =
to=20
incorporate into our new CMF site and our clients are in the same=20
boat.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pete</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C2122B.299DDB20--