[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] adding I18n to plone

Alexander Limi alexander@zope.no
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:39:48 +0200

Robert Rottermann wrote:
> I am about to jump into adding I18n capability to Plone.

> Now there have been several discussions
> and attempts in the same direction.

> Can somebody tell me what has been done
> and if there is a bandwagon I could jump onto...

Plone has support for the new i18n namespace in ZPT, and most content already
supports it. If you are capable, please help backporting the i18n ZPT namespace
code to Zope 2.

Fred Drake and others have checked in this for Zope3, so we need help getting
it into Zope2.

I would advise against using the zbabel-i18n branch of plone, as it is very
outdated, and not a flexible or elegant solution.

-- Alexander Limi