[Zope-CMF] Workflow questions

Rease Nash rnash@hbu.edu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:08:37 -0500

Hello All:

I am currently in the process of designing a new workflow for objects on
our University Website.  What I have come across is that when I add a new
CMF site into Zope, a default workflow which allows for a simple
user/publisher relationship is created.  As I can tell, this workflow
allows for members to submit content, then managers or reviewers to
publish the content.

The problem I am having is that we are in need of a workflow that allows
for multiple stages of approval before an item can be published.  I have
been able to create the Roles that I need without any problems.  The Issue
that I run into is when I try to create a new workflow.  I am able to use
the "states" and "transitions" tabs in order to create the states and
transitions that I need.

Once these states and transitions are defined in the new workflow, i am
able to have my members submit content.  Here is where i get lost.

Once content is submitted, my reviewers and managers get to "pending"
notices in their action box.  As near as i can tell, the two notices are
being generated in the following way: 1 is generated by the "default"
workflow and 1 is generated by the "new" workflow that i have created.

In order to get around this, i tried to remove the default workflow from
controlling anything, which did remove one of the 2 pending notices.
However, with the default workflow disabled, new members are no longer
allowed to join the site due to an error with "getid".

Has anyone else dealt with a similar problem or does anyone have any way
to shed some light on any of this for me?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Rease Nash
Houston Baptist University.