[Zope-CMF] LazyFilter and Effective Dates

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:35:42 +1200

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:13, seb bacon wrote:

[Discussing Carl Rendell's script to impliment effective date filtering in
folders]

> Both if you have time :)  Personally, I can't think of any circumstances
> where you wouldn't want this to be the default behaviour of
> objectValues.  I'd even suggest putting it into the CMF, but it may
> break things for existing applications (though again, I can't imagine
> how..?)

I noticed that CMFEvents use the effectiveDate and expirationDate to make the
beginning and end of an event, which is an entirely different semantics from
the intended publishing ones, so putting a date filter in folders would end
up mildly breaking that product.

Perhaps effectiveDate and expirationDate policy is best implemented in
workflows, assuming there's a good way to get the content to automatically
move in and out of being published as the days tick over.

John