[Zope-CMF] TypeError in portal_metadata

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
27 Jun 2002 09:22:16 -0400

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 09:10, Maik Jablonski wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 15:03, Tres Seaver wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 18:18, Joseph Bella wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > i'm relatively new to zope, so fogive me if there is
> > > an obvious solution to this problem. I installed zope
> > > 2.5.1 and CMF 1.2. When I go to the portal_metadata
> > > tool and click on 'Elements' I get:
> > >
> > > Error Type: TypeError
> > > Error Value: sequence index must be integer
> > >

> > I can't reproduce this on either the HEAD or on a 1.2 checkout
> > with Zope 2.5.1.  The template there is trying to figure out
> > whether to build a link around the element name being displayed,
> > and I can't see why it would choke as you report.
>
> hi,
>
> had the same problem with a CVS-CMF [checked out on 20.06.2002]. Today I
> got a current CVS-CMF and the error went away... but I wasn't able to
> figure out what has really changed since last week...
>
> greetings, maik
> --
> Maik Jablonski                 __o
> www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de     _ \<_    Deutsche Zope User Group
> Bielefeld, Germany          (_)/(_)               www.dzug.org

Shane did check in a new version last week, with this comment:

revision 1.15
date: 2002/06/20 19:53:24;  author: shane;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -3
Since elements and policies are now SimpleItems, they must always be
wrapped.  Otherwise the name REQUEST resolves to the special value
"Acquisition.Acquired" and DTML leaves the realm of sanity. ;-)
Arranged for wrapping at the appropriate times and updated unit tests
accordingly.

I still can't figure out why I couldn't reproduce the issue.