[Zope-CMF] How can I limit one user id to be able to log on at one location at one time?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:42:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Lily Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our site is using zope v2.3.3 and CMF v1.1. I've got a requirement to forbid
> simultaneous log on with one user id at different locations. Does CMF
> provide this feature? Or is there any way I can do it?
> Thanks a lot in advance.

The CMF does not have such a feature;  because the web is
stateless, there is no easy solution here.  One option would be
to use a sessioning product (Zope 2.5 has sessions in the core),
and modify your membership tool to keep track of the logged-in
users, registering to be notified when sessions expire.