[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3 roadmap / release schedule (preview)

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:01:39 -0500

Because we are actively using the CMF for consulting, we would like
to be able to deliver several client applications atop a "released"
version;  hence, I would like to propose a rather near-term 1.3
release:

   - Includes all bugfixes to date, with "low hanging fruit" from the
     tracker.

   - Includes through-the-web action definition, other small features.

   - Does *not* include major new features (composites, landing DCWorkflow,
     link ripper, "schemas", etc.)

I would like to start beta for this release on Tuesday, 26 March, with
final release scheduled for Tuesday, 2 April.  The feedback I am looking
for here is twofold:

   - Will this release schedule "harelip" anyone (for instance, I don't
     want to get in the way of community collaboration on composites, but
     that should probably happen on a branch, anyway).

   - Are there outstanding features / fixes which you believe to be
     critical for a "stable" 1.3 release?  Note that proposing a feature
     without being willing to do (or recruit someone to do) the work to
     implement it is a futile exercise;  this is not a request for
     "wish-list" items.

Thanks!