[Zope-CMF] CMF Question

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:11:23 -0500

On 13 Mar 2002 at 8:10, Chris Withers wrote:

> This problem isn't so easy, you really need offline mail sending for all of
> this, otherwise any time someone triggers an action on your site that needs
> a mail sent, the end user will have to wait while the mail gets sent to
> everyone.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about this?

I launch long running background tasks (emailing, pdf generation) using Pyro.

It's super easy. I have a Pyro server that runs a "work to do queue".. receives objects
directly from the Pyro client running in Zope.

You could also use a database and poller, but I think that's actually more complex.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements