[Zope-CMF] CMF Product 'view' problems

Eckhoff, Damon damon@missouri.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:38:13 -0600

I'm running Zope 2.5.0 src build, and CMF 1.2

I'm having problems viewing CMF content objects.  That is, when I click =
on the 'view' management tab I get a Zope error:

Error Type: Not Found
Error Value: Cannot find default view for =
"/dev/e-submission/submissions/my_event"

I'm trying to build my own CMF product and ran into this problem.  I =
thought it was just my product, but the above error was generated when I =
tried to view a CMF Event.

I've ran the CMFCalendar/Extensions/Install.py external method and all =
looks well there.

In trying to track down this problem I found the following Issue with =
CMF:

Issue: Content constructor methods interface change

The CMF used to require that factory methods for content instances =
return the URL of the "initial view" of the new object; since August =
2001, the interface has changed to require that the method return the =
new object directly, wrapped in its container. This change will most =
likely affect ZClass-based content using the default DTML factory =
methods.

Could this be the cause of my troubles?  Or does CMF Event already do =
this?

Damon.