[Zope-CMF] [Bug] Publication workflow ineffective

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:31:09 +0100

Jens-E. Hansen writes:
 > > I think, this is due to the fact, that searchability is
 > > controlled by "allowedRolesAndUsers" which in turn depends
 > > on the "View" permission, and that the "visible" state has
 > > to grant "View" to "Anonymous" in order to make this document
 > > visible. But, this, too, makes it searchable.
 >
 > I'm an absolute newbie so please don't blame me. Why has the "View"
 > permission to be granted to the anonymous role? Why not just to members
 > or members of a group?
It does not have to be granted to "Anonymous", it could be granted also
to "Member" only.

What I am complaining about it the meaning of "published".
As I understand the term, it means locatable by non-priviledged
users via a search.

That's currently not the case. Even only "visible" content can
be located by a search because the "View" permission is used
for two different purposes:

  *  controlling what can be viewed

  *  controlling what can be located by a search

I think, we need something to separate these two things...

Dieter