[Zope-CMF] How do I set up Workflow using CMF?

Jens-E. Hansen Jens-E.Hansen@gis.de
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:12:38 +0100

Hi Suresh,

> >- create a portal type in the types tool (portal_types contents tab)
> >- create a new workflow in the workflow tool (contents tab)
> >- associate the new portal type with the new crated workflow (workflows tab)
> >   in the workflow tool

> I did all these steps.
> The new portal type I set to: "Factrory based Type Information".
> For "Use default type Information", I set that to "CMFDefault: Document"
>
> I am able to create a new object of my type. It behaves just like a default
> document and I do not see any workflow state associated with it and have no
> idea how I can use the transitions on it.
>
> Am I missing another step to make this connection?

Under normal circumstances (the default) the new portal type should be guided
by the default_workflow so after creation of a new object this object should be in
private state.

If you use dcworkflow please go to the portal_workflow tool / Workflows tab
and check if the new created type is associated with (Default) and Default is
the default_workflow.

Jens-E.