[Zope-CMF] Xron question (was: DCWorkflow question)

Bert Vanderbauwhede Bert.Vanderbauwhede@rug.ac.be
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:05:02 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Bert Vanderbauwhede writes:
>  > I'm trying to implement a workflow where the creator of a document is
>  > (automatically) warned by e-mail that the document will expire within a
>  > certain amount time. I've tried to do this by adding a transition to the
>  > 'published' state, with following properties:
>  > - Destination state: (remain in state)
>  > - Trigger type: automatic
>  > - Script (before): mail_expiration (this script sends the mail)
>  > - Guard expression: python:container.check_expiration(here) (this checks
>  >     whether the expiration date is approaching)
>  >
>  > But it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Is there anyone who has done a
>  > thing like this before?
> The stock Zope does not have a timer that can automatically activate
> objects.
>
> Under Unix, you can use Xron to periodically check for things to do,

I've tried Xron, but that doesn't work either. I'm running Linux (Red Hat
7.2), and I know that there's a thread problem with Xron, but I'm running
everything as the same user, so it should work?

> or you can use an external periodic script to check for work
> and execute it.

I've been thinking to do this by calling the mail-script by xmlrpc. But is
there a way to do this securely?

Bert Vanderbauwhede...
---
"And so the body count begins...