[Zope-CMF] still having zpt-calendar skin problem

Steve Arnold sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org
21 Mar 2002 20:15:54 -0800

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 04:37, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Steve Arnold wrote:
>  > Okay, here's the short version.
>  >
>  > The calendar works, and so do events.  Everything appears to be setup and
>  > working correctly.  *Except* when I click on the calendar link (and my
>  > default is the zpt-basic skin) it switches to the old Basic skin to display
>  > the calendar.  Clicking on any other link (except the month forward and
>  > backward links) switches it back to the zpt skin.
>  >
>  > Does that make any sense?
>
> Yep;  the 'calendarDisplay' folder you added has a DTML method,
> 'calendar', which uses the 'standard_header' / 'standard_footer' from
> the old Basic type.  You need to replace it with a ZPT based version,
> perhaps using the NuxWidgets product to render the calendar:
>
>    http://www.zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/NuxWidgets

I actually stopped and thought about it after I got home tonight,
browsed the code a little, and figured that out myself (amazing, ain't
it?).  What I can't figure out is what to replace the standard_header
and standard_footer with.  The zpt_generic folder doesn't even have any
of that legacy zope stuff, since it uses the main_template macros and
stylesheet stuff instead (which I have nary a clue about at this point).

I'll take a look at the above product, but from my (naive) point of
view, it seems like I shouldn't have to go that route.  Isn't there some
relatively simple replacement for the <dtml-var standard_html_header>
thing?  I actually did look at some of the zpt files to see if I could
spot something obvious, but I didn't get very far.  I could use some
pointers here...

Thanks in advance, Steve

Steve Arnold                   http://arnolds.dhs.org:8080