[Zope-CMF] User folder in subfolder

Jens Wolk jewo_lists@gmx.de
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:26:00 +0100

Hi everybody,

(Zope 2.5 / CMF 1.2)

I try to set up a "demo" area in a CMF site, in which visitors can log in as
user "demo" and act as a "Manager". This looks like this:

CMF_root
|- demoFolder
|- secureFolder

I created a User Folder "acl_users" in the folder "demoFolder" and created
the user "demo" with the role "Manager".

But how can I provide a mechanism so that a visitor can login as user "demo"?
When he clicks on "log in" (from within demoFolder) in the actions_box the
login doesn't work (probably because the user user/password is checked
against the users in CMF_root; the variable "came_from" isn't defined in
login_form).

For testing purposes I took away the "View" and "Access content information"
permissions from the Anonymous role. Then I went directly and anonymously to
http://www.mysite.com/CMF_root/demoFolder. Just as expected Zope asked me for
user/password. But still the login failed (although the variable "came_from"
now is defined in login_form).

Again, for testing purposes I created a user "demo" in CMF_root, too (giving
him the role "Member") and now it worked. But this isn't what I am expected
to do, is it?

Any hints are very welcome.

Jens