[Zope-CMF] Re: Problems with virtual hosting and CMF 1.2

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:59:19 -0600

> We know of a problem with certain versions of Apache stripping
> cookies when proxying for Zope:

>   http://collector.zope.org/Zope/267

> Here is notification about the bug from ApacheWeek:

>   Proxy users thinking of upgrading to Apache 1.3.23 should be aware
>   that there is a bug ([5]PR#9655) in the handling of responses which
>   set more than one cookie, and may wish to wait for the 1.3.24
>   release before upgrading.

I just saw this from this week's ApacheWeek that I thought people following this thread might be
interested in:

Quote:
There is a problem in mod_proxy where each entry of a duplicated header such as Set-Cookie would
overwrite the previous value of the header, resulting in multiple header values (like cookies)
going missing. A fix was committed to 1.3.24 but doesn't fix the problem

Lynn