[Zope-CMF] Problems with virtual hosting and CMF 1.2

Alastair Burt burt@dfki.de
29 Mar 2002 12:17:38 +0100

Wolfgang "Klinger (mokka)" <wolfgang.klinger@mokka.at> writes:

> I wrote: ;-)
> >
> > this works for me now, even though I had the same problems before ...
> > I changed the name from __ac to __ac_cookie in the cookie_authentication
> > (Cookie Crumbler) object in the cmf root ... and .. it works ... ;-)
> >
> > how's your httpd.conf (virtual host) setup?
> >

> I revise my statement ...
>
> forget about renaming the cookie to __ac_cookie or anything else ...
> you won't be able to LOGOUT !!!! *hehe* that's really strange now,
> you can't log in and if you try to solve this problem you can't logout
> (cool)

Yes, the workaround seemed a bit of voodoo to me. If the problem is that
Apache drops all cookies execpt the last one, changing the name probably
changes the order of 'cookies.items()' so that a different cookie gets
dropped. But you are still losing cookies and therefore likely to get
bitten again sooner of later.

After Easter, I will ask our sysadmins to change the server. The question
is: would Apache 1.3.24 fix this? Chris's answer seems to indicate that it
would not.

--- Alastair