[Zope-CMF] DefaultDublinCoreImpl no more auto catalog itself in CMF-1.3beta1?

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Tue, 07 May 2002 14:41:51 +0200

Luca Olivetti wrote:
 > Luca Olivetti wrote:
 >

 >> I have to take that back.
 >> Now the objects *do* get catalogged, but the type, instead of being my
 >> type, is "Folder", so when I search objects of my type they don't show
 >> up. HELP!
 >>
 >> my class definition has meta_type defined as my type, the id and
 >> meta_type of the factory type information are set to my type.
 >>
 >> What am I missing now?
 >

 > I found that if I add
 >
 > Type='MyType'
 >
 > in the class definition it seems to fix this problem.

Well it doesn't completely fix it. For example the icon in the search
result is not my icon, is still a folder icon. What puzzles me is that
(with this "fix" or without) in folder_view I have the correct icon
defined in the FTI.
Anyway, I downloaded (and installed) CMFArticle to see what I'm doing
differently and I spotted no significant differences (apart from
functionality). I register various classes at once in my __init__.py
instead of just one, but the rest of the class seems quite similar to me.
Still, the CMFArticle gets catalogged as Article, while my class gets
catalogged as Folder.
My other classes that do not derive from PortalFolder work as expected
(or at least so it seems).

To throw in more confusion (but probably this is useful in order to
track the problem), if I manually update the catalog, all is fine (for
already catalogged objects, new ones still gets catalogged as Folder)

What's happening?

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007