[Zope-CMF] Login problem on custom skin

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 23:17:31 -0400

Hi,

I have a CMF instance with two customized skins.  One skin is mean to be
seen only by portal administrators -- their preferences are set so the admin
skin is the default.  The other skin is set as the default skin for the
portal and is shown to all anonymous visitors.  To login to the portal and
get to the admin skin I have been accessing a link similar to:

    somedomain.com/portal/login_form?came_from=index_html

I am doing this because their is no login option on the skin available to
anonymous visitors.  When I access the link above and log in, I am
authenticated and the index_html of the admin skin is displayed BUT ONLY as
long as I have the "Manager" role.  Any other role will kick me back to
login_form.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is so?  Also, are
there alternative ways of doing this type of thing?

Thanks,

Kevin