[Zope-CMF] auto-login

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:24:06 -0500

Hi.  I'm trying to autologin a user.  I have their username and password.  I
want to simulate them logging in.

It *appears* that CookieCrumbler is doing black magic during traversal.  I
have a feeling that when someone
goes to /autologin_member (script that stuff REQUEST w/ __ac_name,
__ac_password and then attempts
to *return* a rendered PageTemplate in the context of the new user.) that
cookie crumbler has already had its turn
at looking at the 'request'.

Is there a way for me to do it or should I write a External Method to do
this?  If so, how? :) What is the best way of doing this.  redirects w/
__ac_name & __ac_password will not suffice.

cheers,
~runyaga